The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to describe the type of behavior which West Wakanda Bike Club is seeking to promote and encourage its members and supporters to adopt:
- All club members must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events as you are representing the West Wakanda Bike Club.
- Welcome new members by offering your support and encouragement to create a positive, fun, and inclusive environment for all cyclists.
- Be a good role model for other riders and a good ambassador for cycling. Be respectful of others on the road, especially motorists, pedestrians, and other cyclists.
- Obey all traffic signs, regulations, and rules of the road as outlined by local authorities while riding as an individual, or on group rides.
- Use the appropriate hand signals and safe riding skills during all group rides.
The following are considered as gross misconduct:
- Refrain from any behavior that could be considered offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading, or malicious towards any individual, or group.
- Refrain from using profane, insulting, or offensive language or gestures.
- Any act of violence, intimidation, bullying or harassment against another club member.
- Any act that is deemed to be illegal while participating in a club organized activity.
- Riding in or to/from a club activity while under the influence of drugs or excessive alcohol.
- Theft of another member’s or of the club’s property.
- Ignoring the requests or instructions from officials such as the police.